Arabic-L:LING:Arabic Language Technology Center (Cairo)

Dilworth Parkinson dil at BYU.EDU
Mon Jan 11 16:35:50 UTC 2010

Arabic-L: Mon 11 Jan 2010
Moderator: Dilworth Parkinson <
dilworth_parkinson at byu.edu

[To post messages to the list, send them to
arabic-l at byu.edu
]

listserv at byu.edu
 with first line reading:

1) Subject:Arabic Language Technology Center (Cairo)

Date: 11 Jan 2010
From:Diaa Fayed <dyaafayed at gmail.com>
Subject:Arabic Language Technology Center (Cairo)

Dear Colleagues,
I like to inform you that we in Cairo have launched a new Foundation
called (Arabic Language Technology Center ALTEC). We are planning to
devote this year (2010) to develop a roadmap for the Arabic Language
Technologies. Find attached our proposal. We need this roadmap to be
developed by all of us. We like to make a collective work within all
the Arabic region with all the efforts for even the people involved
with the Arabic Human Language Technologies AHLT all over the world.
We intend not only to make a professional work, but we also insist to
make it in complete collaboration with all the stake holders. That is
enough to have fragmented work here and there. The Arabic language is
in danger, this the classification of the UN. With good planned and
persevere work we must be able to collectively develop an excellent
future for the AHLT.
As you are going to read in our plan it is a one year plan with few
workshops and a final conference.
We need from you the following:
1.     To select at least one representative for each entity
(university or even a company specialized in the area)
2.     Invite the relevant and interested specialized professors in
other entities that you know.
3.     We are going to formulate a forum, so that we can collectively
exchange ideas and develop more interested people and to derive deep
into the project.
4.     We will need also the interest of each professor, because we
are going to formulate groups to study specialized projects or
subjects like the ones mentioned in the proposal for the roadmap.
Please read the attached documents and your feedbacks are highly recommended.
Best Regards;
Mohsen Rashwan;
Professor at Cairo University,
Faculty of Engineering,
Electronics and Communications Department.
And the Chairman and CEO for RDI Corp.
www.RDI-Eg.com, specialized in AHLT
Diaa Mohamed Fayed
dyaafayed at yahoo.com