Arabic-L:LING:nominal and adjectival suppletion in Semitic

Dilworth Parkinson dil at BYU.EDU
Fri May 7 12:07:41 UTC 2010

1) Subject:nominal and adjectival suppletion in Semitic

Date: 07 Aug 2010
From:ghazaleh vafaeian <v_ghazaleh at hotmail.com>
Subject:nominal and adjectival suppletion in Semitic

I am currently working on a typological project on nominal and
adjectival suppletion. I have read grammars for all the languages in question.

In addition to the typological study I would like to do a historical
comparative study of the Semitic family. Consequently, I am looking for
suppletive nouns and adjectives in all Semitic languages except
Maltese, Hebrew, Standard Arabic, Moroccan Arabic, Iraqi Arabic and
Egyptian Arabic since I already have data for these languages.

If you are familiar with any other Semitic languages and know of the
existence of any nominal or adjectival suppletive forms, any information
you can share will be greatly appreciated.

For the complete list of references used please have a look at:

http://www.wiki-site.com/index.php/Nominal_and_Adjectival_Suppletion

Sincerely,
Ghazaleh Vafaeian
Master's Student