Arabic-L:LING:Corpus of Spoken Arabic

Dilworth Parkinson dil at BYU.EDU
Wed Nov 3 16:33:51 UTC 2010

1) Subject: Corpus of Spoken Arabic

Date: 03 Nov 2010
From: Melissa Barkat-Defradas <melissa.barkat at univ-montp3.fr>
Subject: Corpus of Spoken Arabic

Dear Zaïnab,

I do have a corpus (digitized 22Khz 16 bits mono) produced by native speakers of several arabic dialects (both western and eastern dialects). It is based on free translations of the story The North Wind and the Sun, which was first developed by the International Association of Phonetics and exists now in several languages (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_North_Wind_and_the_Sun). A second corpus consists in free narrations of the Frog Story (which exists  as well in several languages - including English)

You can have a look to the data on http://www.praxiling.fr/corpuspluriels/corpus/axe-de-recherche/parlers-vernaculaires-arabophones-sur-the-frog-story#more-8

I can send you a  free copy of that data. The only condition to use it, is to quote the corpus' name (AraBer database) as well as my name and lab.

Best wishes,
--
Dr. Melissa Barkat-Defradas
Chargé de Recherches / Research Scientist
e-mail : melissa.barkat at univ-montp3.fr
website : http://recherche.univ-montp3.fr/praxiling/