Arabic-L:LING:electronic 19th-early 20th century texts

Dilworth Parkinson dil at BYU.EDU
Fri Oct 1 15:05:56 UTC 2010

1) Subject: electronic 19th-early 20th century texts
2) Subject: electronic 19th-early 20th century texts
3) Subject: electronic 19th-early 20th century texts

Date: 01 Oct 2010
From:  David Wilmsen <david.wilmsen at gmail.com>
Subject: electronic 19th-early 20th century texts

Try this: http://www.almeshkat.net/books/index.php

It is not necessarily a source for 19th/early 20th century materials, but it does have many many text-based (therefore searchable) materials in writings from the long course of Islamic civilization, some of them indeed from the 19th and 20th centuries (and of course much earlier centuries as well). You once mentioned to me a peculiar term, "site sucker." By the sound of it, such a tool would come useful for a resource such as this one.

ٌI also have an article in pdf format, provided to me by list member Benjamin Geer discussing the word ثقافة and its acquisition of the meaning "culture" toward the beginning of the 20th cent. Now that I look at it, I don't have a citation! But Ben could perhaps provide it?

As A-L doesn't accept attachments, I am sending it to you by separate cover.

I'd be happy to provide it to any other member.

David