Arabic-L:PEDA:Study Abroad Programs in Places with State Department Warnings

Dilworth Parkinson dil at BYU.EDU
Mon Apr 18 18:55:26 UTC 2011

1) Subject: Study Abroad Programs in Places with State Department Warnings

Date: 18 April 2011
From: nagwa hedayet <nhedayet at yahoo.com>
Subject: Study Abroad Programs in Places with State Department Warnings

Thank you Dil for your message on this issue. I hope that some of our colleagues in the USA had listened to AUC president, Dr. L. Anderson, on CNN interview yesterday about the situation in Egypt now and her view about it in the recent future. Then it will be as we say : "shahida shaahidonn min ahliha".
Some US universities are courageous and hence support their students in their zeal to understand the world better and live history by joining it but can one understands what you said as well.

We at Hedayet Institute for Arabic Studies have few students now studying for the Spring since Mar.( some of them are through FLAS) but we have received many applictions for the two summer short terms starting on June 12th and Jul 24th seven wks each. Many parents called us to enquire for their children and most of them let their kids apply. I praise highly parents who support their children to live their global era and forget about some of their own personl experience:) not in a place that will transfer them into a number in their records of course.
It is definitely the time to share and enjoy with the revolutionary young Egyptians -who have become wiser now by being patient to watch their demands being achieved- the moment of victory over corruption and fear.

Cheers from om ed doniya. Hope to welcome you soon:)

Nagwa

Nagwa Hedayet, PhD.
Director
Hedayet Institute for Arabic Studies