Arabic-L:LING:ALS 25 Info

Dilworth Parkinson dil at BYU.EDU
Thu Jan 6 18:58:52 UTC 2011

1) Subject: ALS 25 Info

Date: 06 Jan 2011
From: S Farwaneh <farwaneh at email.arizona.edu>
Subject: ALS 25 Info

Dear Arabic-L Members,

I hope to see as many of you in Tucson this March. Judging from the high quality of accepted papers, the symposium promises to be an outstanding one. There is a web site for ALS 25 created by our wonderful web master at the Center for Middle Eastern Studies -for which many thanks. - located at
http//www.cmes.arizona.edu/als25
 The web site now has a tentative schedule which will be replaced by the final program once it is ready. There is a link to the Marriott Hotel, host of ALS 25, for room reservations. Reservations must be made through this link by Feb 1 to secure the conference rate. A conference registration form will be uploaded soon.
Concerning dues, please follow instructions stated in the call for papers and pasted below.

Registration:
All registrations must include a $25 ALS membership fee in addition to:
Before February 1, 2011: 35 for students and 50 for non-students.
After February 1, 2011: 45 for students and 60 for non-students.

For those who don’t want to do the math, this means your check should be $60 for students, and $75 for non-students before Feb. 1, 2011, an $70 for students and $85 for non-students after Feb. 1, 2011.  ALS membership dues are non-refundable.  Conference fees are refundable only for those whose abstracts were not accepted.

Registration checks may be sent to:

Dilworth Parkinson
3058 JFSB
Brigham Young University
Provo, UT  84602

Make checks to “Arabic Linguistics Society”

Please let me know if you encounter any difficulty with the ALS or hotel site and I would be happy to answer any questions.

Samira Farwaneh, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Arabic Language and Linguistics
Department of Near Eastern Studies, Department of Linguistics, SLAT Program
P.O. Box 210158B; L. F. Marshall #440,  University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721-0158B
Phone: (520) 621-8629; Fax: (520) 621-2333