Arabic-L:PEDA:Needs responses from native speaking first year instructors

Dilworth Parkinson dil at BYU.EDU
Tue Jan 11 18:27:04 UTC 2011

1) Subject: Needs responses from native speaking first year instructors

Date: 11 Jan 2011
From: Beth Clark-Gareca <beth.clarkgareca at nyu.edu>
Subject: Needs responses from native speaking first year instructors

Dear Arabic-L Community,

We are graduate students in the Department of Teaching and Learning at New York University. We are conducting a research study on the perceptions and practices of first-year, native-speaker Arabic instructors. We would like to better understand how Arabic teachers’ perceptions of student needs influence their classroom teaching practices.

If you are a native speaker of Arabic, and are currently teaching a first year Arabic language course (first or second semester), please contact us through email at bc210 at nyu.edu, or by phone at (610) 597-0100. If you would prefer to contact us by regular mail, the address is

Beth Clark-Gareca and/or Tasha Darbes
Department of Teaching and Learning
239 Greene Street, 6th Floor
New York, NY 10003

We would be happy to answer any questions you may have and hope that you will consider taking part in this worthwhile research project.

Thank you very much,

Beth Clark-Gareca, PhD Candidate, Department of Teaching and Learning
Tasha Darbes, PhD Candidate, Department of Teaching and Learning