Arabic-L:LING:reaction to 'new' book announcement

Dilworth Parkinson dil at BYU.EDU
Wed Jul 27 15:22:08 UTC 2011

1) Subject: reaction to 'new' book announcement

Date: 27 Jul 2011
From: brian <bhuebner2 at gmail.com>
Subject: reaction to 'new' book announcement

Why is this book being sold as 'Modern' or 'new' if it was first published in 1895?
I bought a Concise grammar of the Turkish Language on Amazon last year and it was reprint of an old book on Ottoman Turkish in Arabic script.
Brian Huebner
conference interpreter
AIIC - Brussels
www.langsites.com

[moderator's note: point taken; part of the 'impression' is probably my fault, since I put the moniker "NEW BOOK" in front of the announcements, even though they may be reprints]