Arabic-L:PEDA:Sidi Bou Said Center in Tunis

Dilworth Parkinson dil at BYU.EDU
Fri May 6 19:31:12 UTC 2011

1) Subject: Sidi Bou Said Center in Tunis ad

Date: 06 May 2011
From: abdulwahab qadri <daftarcom at gmail.com>
Subject: Sidi Bou Said Center in Tunis ad

Let me first introduce myself. I am Abdulwahab Qadri. I worked for the FSI in Tunisia as an instructor. I have undergone about 25 years of experience in teaching Arabic as a foreign language to foreign students and diplomats. Besides, in 2007, I instituted the Sidi Bou Said Center in order to offer the opportunity of teaching, assisting, and encouraging foreign students to learn fast the languages through intensive courses.

I am really interested in expanding my professional network within the American universities, and to have partnerships and cooperation with them in order to receive American students in Tunisia to learn Arabic language and to discover the culture, history and customs of the Arab world. My Language Center seeks to provide a comprehensive and an amusing program to help your students build their own Arab background. Indeed, Centre Sidi Bou Said of Languages and Computer Science offers you a unique experience in learning Arabic. The teaching materials and methods are multiple and diverse, they are much more than textbooks and classrooms. You will study, make friends, interact with professors, and attend lectures given by students, teachers and guest speakers, all exclusively in Arabic. Arabic newspapers, magazines, television and websites will keep you up to date on current events around the world. Additionally, you can enjoy the beautiful Tunisian villages and landscape and practice your favorite activities (swimming, jogging, cycling, Volleyball, etc.) beside learning to challenge your opponents in Arabic.
Our summer program in the Arabic language offers courses at different levels from Beginner to Advanced. Placement exams will be administered to all students at the beginning of the program in order to assess the level best suited to their Arabic language ability.

The program provides six weeks of total immersion into the Arabic language that consists of 15 hours a week of intensive classroom instructions. Along with the Modern Standard Arabic, Colloquial Arabic is integrated in the program; the teachers in our center come from different Arab backgrounds (the Arab-Gulf countries, the Maghrebian countries, the Arab Middle-East) to promote cultural exchanges.
The program does not focus on the language but also combines culture, literature, politics, history, geography, tradition, religion in the Arab world since one of my objectives is to bridge the gap between the Arab World and the West.

Besides, we offer our services to provide you with a completed staff made of professional teachers to teach the Arabic language in your honorable university.

I attached herein the guide of the Language Center of Sidi Bou Said that will give you more ideas about the center, the courses and programs we offer.

If you need any further information, please feel free to contact me.

I look forward to hearing from and collaborate with you.

Yours,

Abdelwahab Qadri