Arabic-L:LING:Queries from Child Language Disorders researcher

Dilworth Parkinson dil at BYU.EDU
Thu May 19 13:25:43 UTC 2011

1) Subject:queries from Child Language Disorders researcher

Date: 19 May 2011
From:Aude Laloi <a.laloi at uva.nl>
Subject:queries from Child Language Disorders researcher

Dear all,

I'm a PhD student working on language disorders in bilingual children. I contact you because I am looking for typological information about Arabic. I would like to assess a possible L1 transfer effect on the productions of bilingual children I've tested in their L2 (French). One of the L1s of these children is Arabic, more precisely Moroccan and Algerian Arabic.

More specifically, I would need to know how the following linguistic domains work in Arabic:
- determiners system: are determiners obligatory? are they morphologically marked?
- past tense marking: does it involve auxiliaries? is it morphologically marked?
- object pronouns: are they clitics like in French ? are they pre- or post-verbal?

I thank you in advance for your answer and for the help you might provide me.
Best regards,
Aude Laloi
Aude Laloi
Amsterdam Center for Language and Communication
Universiteit van Amsterdam
Laboratoire de psychologie et neuropsychologie cognitives
Université Paris Descartes
http://home.medewerker.uva.nl/a.laloi/

End of Arabic-L:  19 May 2011