Arabic-L:LING:Needs Classical and Middle Arabic corpus

Dilworth Parkinson dil at BYU.EDU
Tue Nov 1 18:42:50 UTC 2011

1) Subject:Needs Classical and Middle Arabic corpus

Date: 01 Nov 2011
From:Mai Zaki <maizaki at gmail.com<mailto:maizaki at gmail.com>>
Subject:Needs Classical and Middle Arabic corpus

Dear list members,

I would like your advice regarding available corpora of written Classical
and Middle Arabic. In my new research, I would like to compare
demonstrative forms in Modern Standard Arabic with those in Classical and
Middle Arabic. For MSA, I have a half a million corpus from different text
categories (news articles, literary essays, fiction, sports, etc.). For
Classical Arabic, I intend to use the Quran but need more data as well. And
I would appreciate your suggestions for a corpus of Middle Arabic.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Mai Zaki, PhD.
Lecturer in Arabic and Translation Studies
Middlesex University