Arabic-L:GEN:Academic Arabic Jobs Wiki

Sat Aug 25 07:02:14 UTC 2012

1) Subject:Academic Arabic Jobs Wiki

Date: 25 Aug 2012
From:Alexander Magidow <amagidow at gmail.com>
Subject:Academic Arabic Jobs Wiki

Hello everyone,

I am writing to promote a wiki-style website for posting information
about academic jobs in Arabic language and culture for the 2012-2013
job application cycle. Last year, I'd often compared notes with my
colleagues only to find that we were searching different sites and
listservs for jobs, and as result missing out on job opportunities.
The Academic Jobs Wiki is a well established site intended to solve
this very problem by using crowdsourcing to post jobs from difference
sources. The wiki also supports forums that can help resolve the
question of whether a given job has given out positive responses
(since negative responses are typically only sent at the very end of
the application cycle). I also highly recommend that employers post to
this site as well.

The Arabic section of the Academic Jobs Wiki is located here:
http://academicjobs.wikia.com/wiki/Arabic_2012-2013

I suggest when editing it to edit the individual sections - so to add
a tenure track job, click on the edit button next to the "Tenure
Track/Full Time" link rather than the larger edit button at the top of
the wiki. The site should be pretty self-explanatory otherwise. Don't
worry too much about formatting provided all of the relevant
information is available.

Alf alf shukr to everyone who contributes to the wiki!
Alex Magidow