Arabic-L:PEDA:wants feedback on Al-Hakawati site

Tue Jul 3 22:31:46 UTC 2012

1) Subject:wants feedback on Al-Hakawati site

Date: 03 Jul 2012
From:Nadia Barclay <nadia.barclay at gmail.com>
Subject:wants feedback on Al-Hakawati site

Dear Arabic-L members,

My name is Nadia Barclay; I am a recent graduate of the School of
Information at the University of Texas at Austin and a member of the board
at the Arab Cultural Trust (ACT).

The ACT produces al-hakawati.net, a digital library that tells the story of
Arab heritage and civilizations through folktales and fairy tales from the
Arab and Islamic past, through biographies of personalities ancient to
modern, artists and their arts, architecture, the environment, religion,
and more. The content of al-hakawati covers the 22 Arab states, members of
the Arab League. The content is arranged thematically in ten sections, each
with an average of seven subsections. New sections are added regularly.

The ACT together with the Department of Middle Eastern Studies at UT is
currently applying for funding to enhance the website to make materials
more easily accessible and useful for Teachers of Arabic as a Foreign
Language.

Would you kindly take a few minutes to browse through al-hakawati.net and
share your impressions?

If you already are familiar with al-hakawati we would like to hear your
feedback. Please let us know how you use or would use the website.

Your feedback, questions or comments are greatly appreciated. My email is
nadia.barclay at gmail.com

Best,
Nadia

--