Arabic-L:GEN:Maps from East View

Fri Jul 6 20:50:21 UTC 2012

1) Subject:Maps from East View

Date: 06 Jul 2012
From:Kingscribbins, Andrew Andrew.Kingscribbins at eastview.com
Subject:Maps from East View

Mr. Parkinson,

My name is Andrew King-Scribbins.  I am the new Academic and Library
Account Manager at East View specializing in maps, atlases and GIS
data.  We have a wide variety of products from all over the world.

A couple weeks ago, there was a post on the Arabic List for someone
looking for a source for an Arabic language map of the Middle East.
The post was forwarded to me and I believe the name was Scott.  I
don’t know if they found what they are looking for and I do not have
their contact information, but we have some options they may be
interested in.  Could you pass this information to them, or send me
Scott’s email if you can find it?

First is a folded tourist map published by Gizi Map.  It is a
multilingual map that has everything in English, but has major place
names in the native language of the countries shown; Arabic, Hebrew,
Russian, Georgian, Armenian, etc.  The map covers from Egypt and Sudan
to Pakistan and the westernmost tip of China.  It can be found here:
http://www.evmaplink.com/product_p/2058746m.htm
We have another folded map published in 1997 by Lehenert & Landrock
titled “Map of the Arab World”.  It is in English and Arabic covering
North Africa and the gulf countries, showing political boundaries and
major roads.
We also have a large flat map published in 2002 by the Arab Republic
of Egypt titled “Map of the Arab World”.  It is in Arabic only,
covering North Africa and the gulf countries.  It is a political/admin
map, but also has flags and statistics for each country.
Lastly, we have a map published in 2001 by the Royal Jordanian
Geographic Centre title “Arab World Route Map”.  This is in English
and Arabic covering N. African and the gulf countries.  It shows major
place names, roads, rivers and lakes.  We can also get many other maps
from this publisher that are in Arabic.

If you would like additional information about these maps, or other
maps in Arabic including topographic, geological, nautical charts and
atlases, please feel free to call or email me directly.

Thank you for your time.

Best Regards,

Andy