Arabic-L:GEN:Arabic OCR response

Wed Oct 17 13:40:06 UTC 2012

1) Subject:Arabic OCR response

Date: 17 Oct 2012
From:Joseph Norment Bell <joseph.bell at if.uib.no>
Subject:Arabic OCR response

I think my experience with OmniPage some years ago was not very good. For
Versus I paid my grand, only to find out that it was not as good even as
the early DOS versions of Sakhr. It could not even read computer generated
text properly. I had also heard that it was good. Maybe I was doing
something wrong.

Basically I suspect that if you cannot train a program to deal with the
ligatures specific to the text you are OCRing, you are out of luck.

Joseph Bell