Arabic-L:PEDA:City College of NY Job

Sat Feb 9 21:19:37 UTC 2013

1) Subject:City College of NY Job

Date: 9 Feb 2013
From:Hamid Kherief <hamidkherief at gmail.com>
Subject:City College of NY Job

Assistant Professor of French and Arabic

The Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures at The City College
(CCNY) of the City University of New York (CUNY) invites applications for a
tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor in French and
Arabic Languages and Literatures, with special emphasis on North Africa
and/or the Near East. The position begins Fall 2013. Candidates should be
able to show evidence of or potential for original research in their field.
Candidates should also demonstrate a firm commitment to teaching both
Arabic and French language and literature at the undergraduate level, the
ability to work across traditional disciplinary and linguistic boundaries,
and a strong interest in collaborating with colleagues in various fields.
 The Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures offers courses in more
than a dozen languages including Arabic; majors and minors in French,
Italian, and Spanish; and an MA program in Spanish. Our research-active
faculty, including internationally-distinguished professors, frequently
collaborate in interdisciplinary programs at the college and provide a
high-level liberal arts education to a diverse student body.

QUALIFICATIONS

Candidates must have native or near-native fluency in French, Arabic and
English and must have their Ph.D. in hand by starting date of the position.

COMPENSATION

Salary commensurate with experience.

HOW TO APPLY

Interested applicants must submit a letter of application, CV, three
letters of recommendation and teaching portfolio (including teaching
evaluations and a statement of teaching philosophy) both directly to CUNY
First at www.cuny.edu (Job Opening ID 7431) and via post to Professor
Bettina Lerner, Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures, CCNY-CUNY,
North Academic Center, Room 5/223, 160 Convent Avenue, New York, NY 10331-9

Review of applications begins February 10, 2013 and will continue until the
position is filled.

EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY

We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively
encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to
apply.  We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek
excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.