Arabic-L:GEN:query about Sketch Engine and XML prep

Fri Sep 13 15:39:25 UTC 2013

1) Subject: query about Sketch Engine and XML prep

Date: 12 Sep 2013
From: <r.s.a.alkhammash at qmul.ac.uk>
Subject: query about Sketch Engine and XML prep

Dear Arabic- L members,
My name is Reem Abdullah, a PhD candidate at Queen Mary, uni of
london. I have a small corpora of one million word of written Arabic
newspapers for a specific topic. My aim is to use corpus approaches in
discourse analysis
I have a couple of questions:

1. Has any one had an experience of using Sketch Engine, for example,
getting word frequency, key words or concordance analysis?

2. Has anyone had an experience with preparing data for analysis in
terms of encoding and processing data; is it preferable to morph the
data into XML files?

I appreciate any suggestion of names, papers etc

My email is r.s.a.alkhammash at qmul.ac.uk

Regards,
Reem