Arabic-L:PEDA:Summer Arabic program Sidi Bou Said Tunisia

Fri Feb 14 19:11:39 UTC 2014

1) Subject:

Date: 14 Feb 2014

2014 Summer Arabic Program

The Summer Arabic Program is usually for professionals or university
students wanting to improve their language skills, live in the Arab world,
study Arabic in conjunction with independent research or complete a study
abroad requirement. We offer two 5-week sessions that you can combine into
one 10-week session.

ProgramDatesHours of InstructionPrice
Arabic Summer Session I

Arabic Writing

June 3—july 5

June 3—july 5

75

75

$2,000* \ $1150 **

$1150

Arabic Summer Session IIJuly 15 –August 1975$2,000* \ $1150**

Program Details:

* arabic course + activities + Trip

** Only Arabic course

Classes normally run in the morning or afternoon, Monday through Friday.
Students are encouraged to either work with conversation partners, take
private classes, or volunteer/intern with an organization during the
afternoon. There are many organizations in Tunis, both local and
international, that regularly hire interns in the Summer. Each session
includes 75 class hours of Arabic. With included homework students can
expect 150 hours of language study.

* About the Arabic writing  help learners of Arabic at higher-intermediate
and advanced level to:

- Develop and refine their writing skills in Arabic

- Learn Arabic linguistic features which are necessary for fluent writing
styles;

- Become familiar with different aspects of writing, such as letters,
summaries, articles , etc ….

- Acquire vocabulary for their writing usage .

Requirements: Beginner Arabic: No knowledge of Arabic will be required for
our beginner Arabic class, although a basic background is recommended. We
will move quickly through the alphabet and start on conversation sk
Intermediate Arabic: We suggest students have completed one year of Arabic
OR all of “Alif Ba Taa” and the first 13 Chapters of “Al-Kitaab.”ills soon
afterwards.

Dates: Summer Session I – June3, 2014 – July 5, 2014; Arabic Writing :
June3, 2014 – July 5, 2014;  Summer Session II – July 15, 2014 –  August 19
*, 2014 ( 2 days for  holiday )

Price: One Session (5 weeks):   $2,000 ( with activities)  Both Sessions
(10 weeks): $3,700

Arabic Writing  : $1150

Internships: Organizations in Tunisia are always in need of native English
speakers and are very open to interns and duties can range from general
administrative work to specialized communications and media work.    The
internships are normally flexible and work around the student’s schedule.

University Credit: If you would like to receive university credit please
talk to your academic department or study abroad office. In general each
summer session should count as 3 academic credit hours of Arabic.  We are
more than happy to work with your university to make sure you receive
credit. Please contact us: contact at sidibousaidlanguages.com  if you need
any help with your university.

Application deadline: May 10, 2014