Arabic-L:LING:Needs POS tagger

Fri May 30 21:11:29 UTC 2014

1) Subject: Needs POS tagger

Date: 30 May 2014
From: "Ahmed Khater" <aakhater2003 at yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Needs POS tagger

Dear all,

I am currently working on my ph.d in Corpus Linguistics and Translation.  I
am studying Explicitation translation using corpus linguistics as a
methodology across Arabic and English.  I urgently need to POS
(Part-of-speech) tag two Arabic corpus files of approximately 58,000 words
each.  Could you help me with any information on how and where to POS tag
this corpus and open it as a text file on my Windows System.

I sent more than one message to  the developer of Amira 2.0, Prof. Yassine
Bin Ajibah so that he can help me POS tagging these files using his
platform, and he didn’t respond at all.

I am in an urgent need for this service and I’d highly appreciate it if any
of you can direct me to a proper part-of-speech (POS) tagging service for
Arabic.

Thank you.

Ahmed Khater
Assistant Lecturer