Disjunct/conjunct coinage?

James Crippen jcrippen at GMAIL.COM
Sat Oct 17 02:00:58 UTC 2009

Who coined the terms "disjunct" and "conjunct"? And in what
publication? I read through Kari 1989 where he reintroduces the term
"qualifier" from Jetté, as well as the phrase "interrupted synthesis"
from Sapir & Whorf, as but I didn't see where he might have mentioned
"disjunct" and "conjunct". Anyone have a citation?

BTW, I haven't forgotten about the terminology thing. This semester is
a bit busy for me (I have four classes and a teaching assistantship)
so I don't have as much time as I'd like to devote to my *real* work.
I have however started to sketch some stuff in a Google Docs document
and will post my results in the not too distant future.

Thanks,
James