reading schedule

Maria Becker mariabb at GMX.NET
Tue Apr 12 14:31:42 UTC 2005

Hi, Linnea plus discussion group,
just to answer very briefly your question, (sorry for my terrible English!):
since I am a language teacher, my main area of interest is communication in
foreign language (FL) courses - I am thinking of analyzing discourse types
which are relevant for FL-courses, for example, how Slovak students discuss
in German the meaning of a picture. (I would restrict the discussions to
dialogues or trialogues). On the one hand,I hope to detect particular
"frames" (is this the proper word??..)of perception of the picture which are
culturally specific, on the other hand, I want to find out which strategies
Slovak students use in the course of "negotiation" on the meaning of a
picture. However, I am not sure if this is realy a goog idea, so I am very
grateful to all of you for your reactions.
Have a nice evening,
Maria

--
+++ GMX - Die erste Adresse für Mail, Message, More +++

1 GB Mailbox bereits in GMX FreeMail http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail