AAAL/AILA (and future readings)

Linnea Micciulla lmicciulla at COMCAST.NET
Wed Jul 13 02:35:18 UTC 2005

Hi everyone,

I can see how getting to AILA would be daunting on both accounts - next
year's conference is in Canada, which may not be much easier.  I'd love
to hear about any upcoming relevant conferences in Europe (or
elsewhere), though.

One thing that has occurred to me: since there are some people on this
list that don't have access to libraries with many journals, it would be
good to read some materials that are freely available on the Internet.
After poking around a bit, I found:

1) Robert de Beaugrande has many of his books and publications online
(Wafa', I know you were looking for some of his materials, so you might
find it here):
http://www.beaugrande.bizland.com/

2) Phil Graham has pre-publication versions of many of his papers online:
http://www.philgraham.net/pubs.html

3) Jonathan Potter's homepage, with downloadable articles:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jonathan.potter1/JP%20Articles/jparticles.htm

4) Discourse Analysis Online - not a lot there, but a couple of articles
look interesting
http://extra.shu.ac.uk/daol/index.html

If anyone sees any articles on those sites that would be interesting to
the list, let us know!

And another interesting find: AJOL - articles published in African
journals; free to people in a (fairly long!) list of countries; might be
worth looking into if you don't live in the US or Europe -

http://www.ajol.info/journal_index.php?jid=43&tran=0&ab
<http://www.ajol.info/journal_index.php?jid=43&tran=0&ab>=

Best,
Linnea