Wasburn and Burke article

Linnea Micciulla polyglot at BU.EDU
Tue Nov 1 17:52:58 UTC 2005

OK - just checking to see if anyone was there!

I wanted to apologize for dropping the ball on Veronica Koller's article; I
heard from her a couple of weeks ago and she had tried to post a response to
my comments, but, unbeknownst to her at the time, they bounced back and
didn't get posted. I should have followed up on that sooner; if she forwards
them on to me I will post them on the list.

Also, I noticed an article just out on Sociological Quarterly that is quite
timely and may be of interest to many list members: Altheide & Grimes (2005)
"War Programming: The Propaganda Project and the Iraq War". It's a very
interesting study of how the PNAC laid the groundwork for supporting a war
with Iraq, and suggests that even the criticism of the war is worked into
the overall framework.

I know I'm not just speaking for myself when I say that many of us are
extremely busy!  I like the idea of reading some of each other's work;
getting feedback and participating in discussions of work-in-progress as
well as published work would be useful for many of us, I would think. I
would certainly be interesting in reading some of John's other
papers/chapters, and I would be happy to put some of my work-in-progress up
on the web, as well (I believe I promised some feedback on a survey some of
you participated in about a year ago!!).

If you have anything you would like to share/get comments on, please let us
know.

Linnea