Marion Gunn: Fonts with Circumflex /y/ and /w/

Elizabeth J. Pyatt ejp10 at psu.edu
Wed Apr 23 12:46:01 UTC 2003

Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 11:36:36 +0100
From: Marion Gunn <mgunn at egt.ie>
Subject: RE: Croman mac Nessa: Fonts with Circumflex /y/ and /w/
To: CELTLING at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG, welsh-l at listserv.heanet.ie

>Myttyn da.
>
>Not to change the subject, but does anyone know of any free fonts out there
>that allow circumflex accents over /y/ and /w/?  Murrasta why.
>
>Bennath genough why,
>Croman mac Nessa

Welsh fonts on the free-to-user list are:

(1) http://gwybodiadur.tripod.com/software.htm,

which offers a choice of fonts to download free from:

http://gwybodiadur.tripod.com/software.htm#fonts.

and

(2) http://www.freelang.net/fonts/index.html.

The latter site, although aimed mainly at serving PC users, also offers
the following free facility for users to convert fonts from Mac to
Windows and from Windows to Mac, with this note about it:
"Most of the fonts we provide are for PC only. Mac users can use a font
converter to convert all
the foreign fonts to Mac from PC or vice versa. There are two files to
download, one is
Windows-Mac, the other Mac-Windows.
          TT_FontConvert.sit (195 kb)
          TTConverter_1.3.sit (28 kb)
Many thanks to Erik Schaug for sending us this converter."

Please let me know if this helps, which I hope it will,
mg

Marion Gunn * E G T (Estab.1991) vox: +353-1-2839396 * mgunn at egt.ie
27 Páirc an Fhéithlinn; Baile an Bhóthair; Contae Átha Cliath; Éire

--
o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o

CELTLING
Post: celtling at lists.linguistlist.org OR celtling at listserv.linguistlist.org
Subscribe/Unsubscribe - Go to Archives, then click "Join or leave" link