Steve Hewitt: Fonts with Circumflex /y/ and /w/

Elizabeth J. Pyatt ejp10 at psu.edu
Wed Apr 23 15:25:26 UTC 2003

From: "Hewitt, Stephen" <s.hewitt at unesco.org>
To: "'The Celtic Linguistics List'" <CELTLING at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG>
Subject: RE: Marion Gunn: Fonts with Circumflex /y/ and /w/
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 16:47:13 +0200

Circumflex w and y (?, ?) have been freely available for PCs ever since MS
Word 98.

Do Insert/Symbol and scroll down. Double click on the symbol ?, highlight it
in your document, and do Insert/Autotext/New; give "?" the autotext shortcut
",y". Then you can write "t?" by typing "t,y" hitting F3 and you will get
"t?". Using a punctuation mark before the shortcut means you do not have to
highlight the shortcut in the middle of a word before hitting F3.

Cheers,

Steve Hewitt

--
Elizabeth J. Pyatt, Ph.D.