Dorothy Milne: "English & Celtic in Contact"

Elizabeth J. Pyatt ejp10 at psu.edu
Wed Oct 8 12:39:57 UTC 2003

From: Dorothy Milne <dmilne at mun.ca>
To: "Elizabeth J. Pyatt" <ejp10 at PSU.EDU>
cc: CELTLING at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG
--

>>  Some abstracts of papers from a colloquium on "Celtic and (Old)
>>  English in Contact"
>>  http://www.joensuu.fi/fld/ecc/colloquium/papers.html
>
>>  There's been quite a discussion of this on ANSAX-L if anyone is interested.
>>  Does anyone in the list have any thoughts on this?

     I have now read almost all of this book.

     Though I have studied linguistics, I don't consider my knowledge
     to be deep enough to be able to assess the strength of the arguments,
     but I found them very plausible.  Also, I can attest to the high
     level of scholarship in these papers.

     I think every library that covers 'history of the English language'
     as one of its subject areas should have this book !

     I found all of the articles interesting and thought provoking.
     More than that, I thoroughly *enjoyed* reading it ...

            Dorothy Milne

--
o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o

CELTLING
Post: celtling at lists.linguistlist.org OR celtling at listserv.linguistlist.org
Subscribe/Unsubscribe - Go to Archives, then click "Join or leave" link