Elizabeth Pyatt: Breton School to open in Paris

Elizabeth J. Pyatt ejp10 at psu.edu
Wed Jul 21 11:37:16 UTC 2004

Orginally posted by David Stifter on the neobrittonica Yahoo group

"Davyth Hicks in Brussel/ Bruxelles 7/15/2004

Despite cutbacks, staff shortages and a hostile
French government, the Diwan Breton medium school
organisation has proven its resilience yet again,
this time by opening a new school in Paris.

  Anna Vari Chapalain from Diwan announced the
news exclusively to Eurolang today. She said that
³all the conditions are good, we¹ve found a place
near Montparnasse [the Breton quarter of Paris],
we¹ve over 15 new pupils and a teacher. The new
school has been set up because of the vigorous
work and campaigning done by a group of parents².

  She added that: ³For the Breton language it is
essential that we get back on track, take the
initiative, and implement our policy of opening
new schools². (Eurolang)"

http://www.eurolang.net/ (News in Brief)

Elizabeth J. Pyatt, Ph.D.
http://www.personal.psu.edu/ejp10

--
o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o

CELTLING
Post: celtling at lists.linguistlist.org OR celtling at listserv.linguistlist.org
Subscribe/Unsubscribe - Go to Archives, then click "Join or leave" link