Andrew Carnie: Celtlingers! Time to donate to LINGUIST

Elizabeth J. Pyatt ejp10 at psu.edu
Mon Mar 28 13:36:36 UTC 2005

From: Andrew Carnie <carnie at linguistlist.org>
To: celtling at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG
Subject: Celtlingers! Time to donate to LINGUIST (fwd)

Colleagues & Friends,

Please read this even if you don't subscribe to LINGUIST, because you do
subscribe to celtling at linguistlist.org which is hosted by, and paid for by the
LINGUIST list.

it's that time of year again. The LINGUIST list is having their annual
fund-drive. It's always a hassle to ask for money. But I think
LINGUIST is something that everyone can agree is an important service
to the discipline. LINGUIST doesn't charge for subscriptions, and it
doesn't charge for web access to their amazing resources. I can
tell you from experience that it is a major undertaking to run the
d*%m thing, they need every penny they get, and all the money is frugally
spent. For those of you abroad who might think that LINGUIST should be
supported by government grants, we wish that were true, but it just
isn't the way things work here in the states. Linguist relies on
subscriber donations.

If LINGUIST folds, so does the listserv and the archives of the Celtling
list. So even if you aren't a subscriber to the LINGUIST list proper,
perhaps you'll consider making a donation to support the upkeep of the celtling
list. If you subscribe to both, then you have a double reason to
donate!

A donation in any amount large or small is welcome (even $5 or $10 if
that's all you can afford). For people who pay US taxes, the donation is
tax deductable. They also have some lovely thank-you gifts (premiums)
if you want them.

Here's the URL to donate:

http://cf.linguistlist.org/cfdocs/new-website/LL-WorkingDirs/donation/index.cfm

Best,

Andrew

	/ \			Andrew Carnie, Ph.D.
        /   \	  		Assoc. Professor of Linguistics
      	  / \    		Department of Linguistics
      	 /   \			Douglass 200E, University of Arizona
     	    / \			Tucson, AZ 85721
	   /   \
				Tel: (520) 621 2802  Cell: (520) 971 1166
				http://linguistics.arizona.edu/~carnie

--
o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o

CELTLING
Post: celtling at lists.linguistlist.org OR celtling at listserv.linguistlist.org
Subscribe/Unsubscribe - Go to Archives, then click "Join or leave" link