BLOOD

Genevieve Price CelticEve26 at AOL.COM
Thu Jul 27 09:34:15 UTC 2006

Forwarded Message:
Subj: Re: BLOOD   Date: 7/27/2006 12:43:42 A.M. Eastern Standard Time  From:
_gilliandavies at lineone.net_ (mailto:gilliandavies at lineone.net)   To:
_CelticEve26 at aol.com_ (mailto:CelticEve26 at aol.com)
In a message dated 7/27/2006 12:43:42 A.M. Eastern Standard Time

Hello Me again

This sort of thing is my subject really as my background is history and
archaeology ....so....

I've looked at this and am wary of assigning meaning to places without a
historical context.

Can you tell me where the  Blood Bay was/is.

I've undertaken research for authors and always use archives and  historical
material to make sure I'm accurate.

There's a Bloody Bay off the coast off Mull. So called because of it's
associaon with a battle, but much later date.

The connection with blood may mean nothing more than 'blood' was spilt ie  in
battle and need no more translation than that.

If you  refer to texts such as this one from University College Cork
_http://www.ucc.ie/chronicon/ocorr2.htm_ (http://www.ucc.ie/chronicon/ocorr2.htm)
you'll  see some of the complexities of translation .

Do you know which historical sources are being used for the novel and  which
the researcher is using?

Still thinking and hope this helps a bit

Kind Regards

Gill

Genevieve  Price

CELTIC DESTINATIONS TRAVEL