New draft of book on irish noun inflection available

Andrew Carnie carnie at LINGUISTLIST.ORG
Mon Nov 12 03:47:57 UTC 2007

Colleagues,

I've just posted a new draft of my book on Irish Noun inflection that
should be published by OUP sometime next year. In this version I've taken
a step away from the traditional 5 declension system and tried to put some
linguistic basis behind the classification. It's bound to be controversial
(or worse ignored!), but I think it's actually on the right track. I'd
like to invite people to have a look at it and give me comments. I'd
particularly appreciate it if anyone notices any errors in the Irish. Not
being a native speaker means that typos and straight up mistakes just pass
me by sometimes.

The URL is

http://dingo.sbs.arizona.edu/~carnie/publications/IrishNominalDeclensions.html

Best,