New draft of book on irish noun inflection available

Tonio Green toniogreen at WEB.DE
Mon Nov 12 05:30:41 UTC 2007

Hi Andrew,

I've only had a chance to glance at the Appendix on the IPA so far, but I
have a couple of comments:

1. "Wikipedia" is capitalized.
2. My first name is spelled Antony (not Anthony), but please don't give me
credit by name for the Wikipedia articles. Even though I'm pretty much the
only contributor to them, Wikipedia articles are all officially written
collaboratively. (Sort of the way Beatles songs are always by Lennon &
McCartney even when only one of them actually wrote any given song.)
3. Maybe [pw], [bw], [fw] could be illustrated with "pueblo", "bwana", and
"Tierra del Fuego" rather than Elmer Fuddese.
4. "Nuke" isn't a good example for the palatal nasal in "ngiall". I'd use
something like "hang you" instead.

Best,
Tonio