Review of Sengoidelg

Arthur Jones arthurobin2002 at YAHOO.COM
Tue Feb 26 07:37:41 UTC 2008

Dear Nancy,

  I fear you have sent your e-mail to the wrong address. First, my name is Arthur, not Andrew. Second, my knowledge of tongues goidelic is shamefully stunted. Yes, I review books occasionally, and have recently finished a work telling the history of the Goths in verse and song (English and reconstructed Gothic), with chapter notes explaining the facts and contexts.

  But, alas, that is a long way from your requirements. Even worse, I don't know anyone personally who could review the book for you. Perhaps you should try Seamus Heaney.

  Actually, "Sengoidelg" sounds like a fascinating work. Best of luck.

  Arthur A. Jones, J.D., Dr.jur.
  Los Angeles, CA // Genova, Italia (Liguria)

Nancy Stenson <stenson at UMN.EDU> wrote:
  Dear Andrew,

Would you still be interested in reviewing Sengoidelg for Journal of
Celtic Language Learning? The person we sent our review copy to
about a year ago has promised three times to meet a particular
deadline and failed three times. I just wrote again to ask him to
tell me within
the week whether he'd be able to do it at all and had no answer, so
I'm giving up on him. If your offer still stands, we'd love to
publish a
review from you.

All the best,
Nancy