Comments on New Online Irish Dictionary?

Micilín Mac Měchúra MichalMechura at SEZNAM.CZ
Tue Sep 23 08:30:12 UTC 2008

Scríobh Brian Ó Broin:

> acmhainn.ie and focal.ie cover most lexicographical problems already.

I disagree. Although it is true that focal.ie* serves us well on specialized vocabulary and terminology, there is currently no online dictionary with a good treatment of the general, non-specialized vocabulary of Irish. Eoin deserves credit for (1) recognizing that the gap exists and (2) doing something to fill it.

Michal

--
Michal Boleslav Měchura
valselob at hotmail.com

* Disclaimer: I am the technical manager behind focal.ie, so my opinion of it may be a little inflated.