Fwd: 20.2465, Support: Phonetics & Phonology: PhD Student, Bangor University

Elizabeth J. Pyatt ejp10 at PSU.EDU
Mon Jul 13 18:38:30 UTC 2009

Information on PhD Research studentship in 'Multilingual speech: prosody
of Welsh-English bilinguals' at the University of Bangor Wales.

> From: linguist at LINGUISTLIST.ORG
> Date: July 10, 2009 12:21:07 AM EDT
> To: LINGUIST at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG
> Subject: 20.2465, Support: Phonetics & Phonology: PhD Student,
> Bangor University
>
> LINGUIST List: Vol-20-2465. Fri Jul 10 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.
>
> Subject: 20.2465, Support: Phonetics & Phonology: PhD Student,
> Bangor University
>
> 1)
> Date: 09-Jul-2009
> From: Paul Carter < p.carter at bangor.ac.uk >
> Subject: Phonetics & Phonology: PhD Student, Bangor University,
> United Kingdom
>

> -------------------------Message 1 ----------------------------------
> Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 00:19:09
> From: Paul Carter [p.carter at bangor.ac.uk]
> Subject: Phonetics & Phonology: PhD Student, Bangor University,
> United Kingdom
>
> E-mail this message to a friend:
> http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-2465.html&submissionid=223427&topicid=12&msgnumber=1
>

> Institution/Organization: Bangor University, United Kingdom
> Department: Linguistics and English Language
> Web Address: http://www.bangor.ac.uk/linguistics/
>
> Level: PhD
>
> Duties: Research,Teaching
>
> Specialty Areas: Phonetics; Phonology
> Bilingualism

> Bangor University 125th Anniversary PhD Research studentship in
> 'Multilingual speech: prosody
> of Welsh-English bilinguals'
>
> Students are invited to apply for the above research area to start
> by December 2009. This
> scheme is only open to those students seeking to embark upon a
> wholly new doctoral research
> programme of study, and is not open to students who have already
> begun courses of doctoral
> research. The successful awardholder of this 3 year PhD studentship
> will receive an annual
> maintenance grant of £12,500 (for 2009/10) and an annual research
> allowance of up to £1,500
> (for approved expenditure) with the core grant rising by £500 p.a.
> Studentship holders do not pay
> fees. Successful studentship applicants will be expected to supply
> around 100 hours per year of
> teaching/Research Assistance focused on a supervisor / research team
> as part of their
> development as an academic of the future.
>
> Description of Project:
> This project addresses the question of how bilinguals manage two
> competing sound systems,
> including stress, intonation and rhythm. In particular, we would
> encourage projects investigating
> the prosody of Welsh-English bilinguals, with an emphasis on the
> nature and direction of
> interference between the sound systems of bilinguals and its
> contribution to their distinctive
> accent. The successful applicant will have a strong background in
> experimental phonetics, and
> preferably experience with the autosegmental-metrical approach to
> [...]

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Elizabeth J. Pyatt, Ph.D.
Instructional Designer/Lecturer in Linguistics
Penn State University
ejp10 at psu.edu
http://www.personal.psu.edu/ejp10/

Got Unicode Blog
http://www.personal.psu.edu/ejp10/blogs/gotunicode/index.html

o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o
CELTLING

Post: celtling at lists.linguistlist.org OR celtling at listserv.linguistlist.org
Subscribe/Unsubscribe - Go to Archives, then click "Join or leave" link