SocietasCeltologicaEuropaea (eagra íocht nua/new organization)

Marion Gunn mgunn at UCD.IE
Thu Oct 22 14:29:37 UTC 2009

Mar eolas daoibh.

Chuig:
OLD-IRISH-L at LISTSERV.HEANET.IE
GAELIC-L at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG
CELTLING at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG

Foinse: Uaitear.MacGearailt at spd.dcu.ie.
mg

Scríobh Uaitear MacGearailt:
 > GRMA as seo, a Mharion. Ba bhreá liom é sin, mar ní mórán muiníne
agam as an liosta seoltaí atá agam féin.
 > beannachtaí,
 > Uáitéar

A Chomhghleacaithe, a chairde,
Thar cheann an lárchoiste ba mhaith liom cuireadh a thabhairt duit clárú
mar bhall de Societas Celtologica Europaea, cumann nua Eorpach don Léann
Ceilteach. Mar a deir bunreacht an chumainn, 'its goal is to support the
scholarly study of Celtic languages, literatures and cultures in
research and teaching, and to promote cooperation among Celtic scholars
of different disciplines'. Gheobhaidh tú cóip den bhunreacht sa
cheangailteán.
Más mian leat clárú mar bhall is féidir scríobh chugamsa nó chuig David
Stifter (david.stifter at univie.ac.at), rúnaí SCE.

On behalf of the central committee I would like to invite you to join
Societas Celtologica Europaea, the newly founded European association
for Celtic Studies. As the association's constitution states, 'its goal
is to support the scholarly study of Celtic languages, literatures and
cultures in research and teaching, and to promote cooperation among
Celtic scholars of different disciplines'. Please find a copy of the
constitution in the attached file. If you would like to register as a
member, you may do so by writing to me or to David Stifter, secretary of
SCE.

Is mise le gach dea-ghuí/ With best wishes,

Uáitéar Mac Gearailt
=====
Societas Celtologica Europaea
Societas Celtologica Europaea was founded on 7th September 2009 in
Zurich, on the occasion of
the 5. Deutschsprachiges Keltologensymposium. Its goal is to support the
scholarly study of Celtic
languages, literatures, and cultures in research and teaching and to
promote cooperation among
Celtic scholars of different disciplines.
The SCE pursues its goal by convening conferences and other meetings in
the field of Celtic Studies,
by organizing and supporting research projects and by assisting the flow
of information to the
membership through appropriate media. It is committed to supporting
young academics and
promoting the various disciplines of Celtic Studies in the public domain.
The SCE sees itself as a professional association for European scholars
active in all the various
disciplines of Celtic Studies and as a negotiating partner with European
and national organisations
engaged in promoting science, and other European scientific bodies. A
particular concern of SCE is
to achieve adequate representation for Celtic Studies disciplines
(especially Linguistics, Literature,
Archaeology, and Ancient History) at European universities.
Membership is open to all those interested in Celtic Studies in Europe
and beyond.
The membership fee is currently €30 per annum, payable from 2010. This
fee will also constitute an
annual subscription to the journal Zeitschrift fŸr celtische Philologie.
Students, those who have no
income, and those living in eastern European countries may pay a reduced
fee of €5 per annum,
which however will not count as a subscription to Zeitschrift fŸr
celtische Philologie.
Executive committee:
Prof. Dr. Karin Stüber, Zürich, president
Prof. Dr. Raimund Karl, Bangor, vice president
Prof. Dr. Stefan Zimmer, Bonn, treasurer
Dr. David Stifter, Wien, secretary
Dr. Uáitéar MacGerailt, Dublin
Societas Celtologica Europaea
Application
I hereby declare my decision to join the Societas Celtica Europaea,
founded on 7th September 2009
in Zurich. The association pursues no commercial goals but its sole
purpose is the support of the
scholarly study of all aspects of Celtic languages, literatures, and
cultures. I agree to pay the
membership fee of currently 30 Euro per annum from 1st January 2010.
This fee will also constitute an annual subscription to the journal
Zeitschrift fŸr celtische Philologie.
All further decisions (legal form, statutes, fields and forms of
activity) will be taken by the executive
committee elected in Zurich.
surname
first name
title
home adress: street
town and postcode
country
phone / fax / e-mail
business adress: university (if applicable)
department (if applicable)
street
town and postcode
county
phone / fax / e-mail
I agree that the data given above will be made available to all members
/ only to the executive
committee (please cross out if applicable)
and to the publisher of ZcP (Niemeyer / de Gruyter, Berlin).
place date signature
Please print and send to:
Dr. David Stifter
Institut für Sprachwissenschaft