22.18, Calls: Insular Celtic, Sociolinguistics/Poland

Emily McEwan-Fujita emilymcfujita at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jan 5 13:04:33 UTC 2011

I am not affiliated with the recently proposed panel in Poland on
Discourse in Celtic Languages (the Celtic Satellite Session on
communication breakdown between first-language speakers and
second-language speakers/learners of Celtic languages).

However, two of my recent publications propose a theoretical framework
for understanding such interactions, and thus anyone interested in the
proposed session would probably be interested in these papers as well:

McEwan-Fujita, Emily (2010) “Ideology, Affect and Socialization in
Language Shift and Revitalization: The Experiences of Adults Learning
Gaelic in the Western Isles of Scotland.” Language in Society
39(1):27-64.

McEwan-Fujita, Emily (2010) “Ideologies and Experiences of Literacy in
Interactions between Adult Gaelic Learners and First-Language Gaelic
Speakers in Scotland.” Scottish Gaelic Studies 26:87-114.

I have posted abstracts on my page on Academia.edu.

Best regards,

Emily McEwan-Fujita

Emily McEwan-Fujita, Ph.D.
Research Fellow