Announcement International Celtic Studies Postgraduate Seminar, 2012

ejp10 ejp10 at PSU.EDU
Wed Jun 1 21:41:05 UTC 2011

If the library is getting government revenue, then the justification may be that it's restricted to local residents because the library is a service for the Welsh community. For instance, the Penn State library is open for any resident of Pennsylvania, but only for residents of Pennsylvania.

It's frustrating, but I can say that the EEBO is available through my institution (Penn State) and that any resident from Pennsylvania could probably get to it free via a library account at Penn State.

I'm not saying everyone could access it as easily though.

Elizabeth Pyatt

On Jun 1, 2011, at 4:56 PM, Michael Everson wrote:

> On 1 Jun 2011, at 21:00, Rosalind Temple wrote:
>
>> But LlGC, like other libraries, has to subscribe to EEBO. Digitised texts cost money to produce!! The licensing is about the use of the resource, not access to the printed holdings of the library or straightforward scans of them.
>
> And people who have Welsh post-codes can use the materials and I'm punished for not having such a post code?
>
> Odd.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Elizabeth J. Pyatt, Ph.D.
Instructional Designer