Announcement International Celtic Studies Postgraduate Seminar, 2012

Júda Ronén foo at DIGITALWORDS.NET
Sat May 28 22:59:41 UTC 2011

The Gwneuthur Periphrasis?
It is not Middle Welsh, but you might be interested to know this structure occurs in the 1588 Bible translation <http://digidol.llgc.org.uk/METS/BWM00001/beibl?locale=cy>, which is IMHO a wonderful text to work on (a magnificent work, really). How different it is from its use in the Mabinogi? What in the original Hebrew/Greek text triggers its use? Well, research has to be done… As far as I know, no searchable edition of the 1588 Bible is available, only scanned facsimile (or am I wrong?).

Best,
Júda

Ar 2011·05·29 am 00:00 (+0300), ysgrifennodd Mieke Daniels-Waterman <mdaniels at MSCC.HUJI.AC.IL>:
> Dear Patrick Zechner,
> Thank you so much for this official announcement. I would like to attend
> this seminar and may be even present a paper. The subject will be on a syntactic issue
> in Middle Welsh. Success and regards,
>
> Mieke Daniels-Waterman
>
> Department of Linguistics-Balshanut
> Dutch Language Program
> Typology of West-Germanic Languages:Dutch-(West-)Frisian-Afrikaans
> Middle Welsh
>
> Hebrew University,Mount Scopus,webmail (http://plutomail.huji.ac.il)

   : Júda Ronén · me.digitalwords.net :
  No one is free until everyone is free.
Seichgara liberanda est · (en.)justjlm.org