Announcement International Celtic Studies Postgraduate Seminar, 2012

Antony Green toniogreen at WEB.DE
Sun May 29 05:41:19 UTC 2011

The 1588 Bible is available in digital form at Welsh Wikisource,
http://cy.wikisource.org/wiki/Beibl.
There's no specific search function for it, though, other than the
normal search function of your browser, or by googling with
"site:cy.wikisource.org".

Antony Green

On 29.05.2011 00:59, Júda Ronén wrote:
> The Gwneuthur Periphrasis?
> It is not Middle Welsh, but you might be interested to know this structure occurs in the 1588 Bible translation<http://digidol.llgc.org.uk/METS/BWM00001/beibl?locale=cy>, which is IMHO a wonderful text to work on (a magnificent work, really). How different it is from its use in the Mabinogi? What in the original Hebrew/Greek text triggers its use? Well, research has to be done… As far as I know, no searchable edition of the 1588 Bible is available, only scanned facsimile (or am I wrong?).
>
> Best,
> Júda
>

> Ar 2011·05·29 am 00:00 (+0300), ysgrifennodd Mieke Daniels-Waterman<mdaniels at MSCC.HUJI.AC.IL>:
>> Dear Patrick Zechner,
>> Thank you so much for this official announcement. I would like to attend
>> this seminar and may be even present a paper. The subject will be on a syntactic issue
>> in Middle Welsh. Success and regards,
>>
>> Mieke Daniels-Waterman
>>
>> Department of Linguistics-Balshanut
>> Dutch Language Program
>> Typology of West-Germanic Languages:Dutch-(West-)Frisian-Afrikaans
>> Middle Welsh
>>
>> Hebrew University,Mount Scopus,webmail (http://plutomail.huji.ac.il)

>>> 35032 Marburg
>>> Germany