Announcement International Celtic Studies Postgraduate Seminar, 2012

Júda Ronén foo at DIGITALWORDS.NET
Sun May 29 09:12:12 UTC 2011

Thanks, but that's the 1620 revision by Richard Parry and John Davies o Fallwyd, actually. The two versions are quite different; take Ioan 3:16 for example (my emphases):
	1588: Canys felly y cârodd Duw y bŷd, fel y rhoddodd efe ei uni-genedic fab, fel na choller *nêb a'r y fydd yn crêdu* ynddo ef, *eithꝛ* caffael o honaw ef fywyd tragywyddol.
	1620: Canys felly y carodd Duw y byd fel y rhoddodd efe ei unig-anedig Fab, fel na choller *pwy bynnag a gredo* ynddo ef, *ond* caffael ohono fywyd tragwyddol.

I prefer the 1588 Bible, as it is is more self-consistent, unedited (the editing is not systematic: the same lexeme or construction may or may not be changed into another in what seems to be a random manner) and hadn't been changed in order to be consistent with KJV (1611). For my purpose, that is linguistic analysis, the 1588 Bible is much more suitable.

Júda Ronén

--
   : Júda Ronén · me.digitalwords.net :
  No one is free until everyone is free.