Tokyo Conference on Psycholinguistics(TCP2002)

Hitomi Murata hitomi-murata at mri.biglobe.ne.jp
Fri Aug 31 07:31:15 UTC 2001

Dear Colleague,

Institute of Cultural and Linguistic Studies of Keio University is going
to hold the third Tokyo Conference on Psycholinguistics(TCP2002)
 on March 15 and 16, 2002.

The invited speakers are Prof. William Snyder(University of Connecticut)
and Prof. Angelika Kratzer(University of Massachusetts/Amherst).

We solicit papers for presentation.  For details, visit our web site:
http://www.otsu.icl.keio.ac.jp/tcp/

[ Call for Papers ]

The Third Tokyo Conference on Psycholinguistics
http://www.otsu.icl.keio.ac.jp/tcp/
Keio University, Mita, Tokyo
March 15th and 16th, 2002

Tokyo Conference on Psycholinguistics welcomes applications for paper
presentations at its third conference.  It accepts papers that represent
any scientific endeavor that addresses itself to "Plato's problem"
concerning language acquisition: “How can we gain rich linguistic system
given our fragmentary and impoverished experience?”  Its scope thus
includes linguistic theory (phonology, morphology, syntax, and semantics),
L1 and L2 acquisition, language processing, and the neuroscience of
language, among others.

Each presentation will be 30 minutes, and 15 minutes will be devoted for
discussion.

Please send an abstract in accordance with the following guidelines:

1.  An abstract in English (including bibliography) no more than 2 single-
spaced A4 or letter-size pages.

2.  Do not put your name on the abstract.

3.  Put the title on the top of the first page.

4.  The abstract, if accepted, will be photocopied to be included in
     the conference handbook.   Therefore, make sure your margin have
     ample room.

5.  Clearly state the nature of the problem that you are addressing.

6.  Cite sufficient data, and explain why and how they support your
    argument.

7.  Avoid vague promissory notes such as "A solution will be presented".

8.  Submit 5 copies.

9.  Attach a separate information page to the top of your abstracts,
     indicating your (if you are coauthor, you all) (a) name,
     (b) affiliation, (c) paper's title, (d) mailing address, (e) e-mail
address,
     and (f) telephone number.  If you are in Japan, add kanji where
     relevant (i.e., all items except (e) and (f)).

10. In submission by e-mail, please note the following guidelines:

     The abstract file should be attached and e-mail subject
     should be "abstract", and all the author information (listed in 9)
     should be included in the body of the e-mail.  The acceptable format
     is PDF only. For any fonts used, the font file should be attached.

Send the information page and the five copies of your abstract to:

     TCP Committee
        Institute of Cultural and Linguistic Studies
      Keio University

     2-15-45 Mita , Minato-ku, Tokyo
        108-8345 JAPAN

or, send via e-mail with the abstract file and font file(s) attached to:

      TCP Committee  tcpabst at otsu.icl.keio.ac.jp

The abstract must be received by November 30, 2001 by 11:59 pm JST (Japan
Standard Time) by postal mail, FedEx (or the like), or e-mail.  Submission
by fax will not be accepted.

Late submissions will be returned unopened. Notification of receipt will be
e-mailed to the first author shortly after receipt.

We will notify you of the results of our review process by January 10, 2002.

We are planning to publish a volume of conference proceedings.  If your
abstract is accepted, we will inform you of details regarding this matter
later.  Most likely, you will be asked to submit a photo-ready copy of your
contribution by mid-May 2002.

Unfortunately, TCP has no fund for financial assistance.  Participants are
also expected to make their travel arrangement through their own travel
agents.

For inquires, contact:

   Yukio Otsu (Director)
   Institute of Cultural and Linguistic Studies
   Keio University
   2-14-45 Mita, Minato-ku, Tokyo
   108-8345

or, send e-mail messages to: