combo command

Stephanie Miles stephanie.miles at yale.edu
Tue Mar 13 17:15:16 UTC 2001

Hello all,
I am hoping for little guidance on how to perform a boolean search on
dependent tier lines that contain several tiers. For example, given the
following dependent tier line,

%func:     stmt:term:succ

how can I tell CLAN to count how many times in the transcript "stmt" and
"term" , or "stmt" and "succ" co-occur? I tried using the COMBO command,
but can't get it to work with the colons in place. When I remove the
colons and use spaces instead, it works wonderfully. However, I'd like
to leave the colons, or some other tier separator, in the line.

Any ideas/solutions would be very much appreciated. Thank you!

Stephanie Miles, M.A., CCC
Yale Child Study Center
230 South Frontage Road
New Haven, CT 06515