Morph question

Brian MacWhinney macwhinn at hku.hk
Tue May 22 16:07:08 UTC 2001

On 5/22/01 3:06 AM, "cschlenk" <cschlenk at richmond.edu> wrote:

> I am trying to run the MORPH system and keep receiving the error message
> stating that it can't open the lexicon file englex.cut.  Does anyone know how
> to fix this problem?  Thanks.
>
> Clint Schlenker

Dear Clint,
  I assume you mean the MOR system.  It is important in this case to use a
current version of CLAN -- one from at least sometime in 2001.  To run MOR
properly, you must also download the entire English MOR grammar.  You then
just set your MOR lib to the top of that grammar.  The error message your
are reporting suggests that either you have an old version of MOR or else
are setting your MOR library improperly.  Hope this helps.

--Brian MacWhinney