clanwin.exe 05-Nov-2000

champaud champaud at psycho.univ-paris5.fr
Thu Nov 14 12:17:24 UTC 2002

         I just retrieved yesterday the last (?) version of clanwin.exe
(05-NOV-2002 13:00) and it seems that there  are problems for us with some
programs.

         First, check treats ç  (c with cedilla) inside words as if it were
an upper case letter. For instance, if we try to check the following
çedilla.cha file:

@Begin
@Participants: CHI Grégoire Target_child
*CHI:   garçon.
@End

We obtain the following result:

 > check çedilla.cha
depfile.cut being used from: "C:\childes\Clan\lib\depfile.cut"
check çedilla.cha
Thu Nov 14 12:54:40 2002
check (05-Nov-2002) is conducting analyses on:
   ALL speaker tiers
     and those speakers' ALL dependent tiers
   and ALL header tiers
 From file <çedilla.cha>
First pass DONE.
*** File "çedilla.cha": line 3.
*CHI:   garçon.
Upper case letters are not allowed inside a word.(49)
Second pass DONE.
Warning: Please repeat CHECK until no error messages are reported!

         It is a problem for editing French. I tried to allow cedillas, but
it seems that programs ignore 00depadd.cut file. Anyway, the problem would
remain for running check inside the editor.
         This problem does not occur with previous clanwin.exe programs we
have on other machines (06-MAR-2002, 01-MAY-2002, 27-AUG-2002, and one of
September). I wonder whether it is a general problem with check or if it is
restricted to our French machines.

         There seem also to be problems with freq. As soon as we start the
program, there is an error message and the CLAN session is interrupted. For
the moment, I was not able to locate the problem.

Is there something I can do to solve the first problem?

Christian Champaud