JMOR questions

Cote, Linda (NIH/NICHD) cotel at cfr.nichd.nih.gov
Thu Nov 4 15:53:49 UTC 2004

Dear All,

We have the following questions regarding the 2002 JCHAT conventions for
morphemization.

1)  How should continuous present verbs be transcribed on the %MOR line?
For example, how should the verb naiteru appear?   As  v:c|nak(u)-PRES  ?
We could not find anything on continuous present tense verbs in the 2002 MOR
Manual that we downloaded.

2)  How should nda be transcribed (e.g., kaku  nda)?   In the 1998 manual,
it is classified under Copula and Auxiliaries, but it is not mentioned in
the 2002 manual.

3)  How should kirei ni be transcribed?  (And does the ni make this phrase
an adverbial adjective or an adverb?)

4)  In order to code a verb as "connective", must it be followed by a
subsidiary verb?

Thank you,

Linda

Linda R. Cote, Ph.D.

Research Scientist and Statistical Contractor

Child & Family Research

National Institute of Child Health and Human Development

Suite 8030

6705 Rockledge Drive

Bethesda, MD  20892-7971

Telephone:  (301) 496-6832