getting restricted output

Ann Peters ann at hawaii.edu
Wed Oct 25 02:48:53 UTC 2006

Is there any way to specify that the output from one tier be restricted by
a code on another tier?
I have coded each of my *chi main lines with another %spa tier which
indecates whether the utterance is spontaneous ($SPONT), imitated ($IM),
or repeated ($R)). [Plus further distinctions.)
What I would like to be able to do is one or all of the following:
1. Pull out all and only the main lines that have $SPONT in the %spa tier.
2. Run FREQ only on the *chi lines that have $SPONT in the %spa tier.
3. Run MAXWD only on the *chi lines that have $SPONT in the %spa tier.
Is there some automatic way to get these outputs? Actually if I could do
#! and put it in another file, then I could run FREQ and MAXWD on that!
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
ann

Dr. Ann M. Peters, Professor Emeritus
Graduate Chair                      http://www.ling.hawaii.edu/
Department of Linguistics
University of Hawai`i               email: ann at hawaii.edu
1890 East West Road, Rm 569         phone: 808 956-3241
Honolulu, HI  96822                 fax:   808 956-9166
http://www.ling.hawaii.edu/faculty/ann/