The depfile.cut

Arnthrudur Ingolfsdottir adda at khi.is
Tue Jul 3 16:50:36 UTC 2007

Hello everybody.
I have a question about the depfile. I am retranscribing old files and error checking. I have quite a lot of errors nr. 11: "Symbol not declared in depfile(s)". With the most frequent error symbol I have made neccessary changes into a functional Chat code, that is: [=? text]. This signify that a word could be either what is written before the symbol, or what is written inside the []. STILL I get error nr. 11. I checked the depfile.cut, and indeed it has this symbol [=? *]. Depfile.cut is placed in the LIB folder and LIB is the chosen folder in the command window, so what could be happening here?

I also tried to add a symbol frequently appearing in my files to the depfile.cut and that also made no difference.

Grateful for all suggestions.

Adda Ingolfsdottir,
Iceland