Childes Porgram

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Tue Oct 28 02:37:57 UTC 2008

Dear Nazan,
     It is possible to convert data from EXMARaLDA into CHAT and
backwards.  Both programs are great, although CLAN is a bit more tuned
for the details of child language -- particularly analyses like MLU,
morphology and so on.  To convert out of EXMAR, you use the CHAT
segmentation.  Thomas Schmidt can
help you, if you have problems there, but make sure you use a current
version of EXMARaLDA.
Once your data are in CHAT, you can go back to EXMAR using the
CHAT2XMAR program.

--Brian