Destination of files for use in Clan's Sonic Mode

Sarah Bryan s.c.bryan at shef.ac.uk
Fri Oct 31 12:27:50 UTC 2008

Hello,

Apologies if you receive this email twice, I am still getting to grips
with this list. I have just started a Ph.D and am quite new to CLAN.
Since I installed a new version of CLAN on my new computer, I have
been unable to link the Chat files to their corresponding audio (Wave)
files) in Sonic Mode when they have been saved in separate sub-folders
within the same main folder. It is unfortunate that the dense corpus
of data which I am analysing (378 recording sessions) has been
arranged in this way. This was not a problem with the older version of
CLAN which I previously used, but I do not have access to that now.
Please does anyone know a way around this problem, or will I need to
rearrange the data so that the Chat and corresponding audio files are
in the same folder?

Many thanks

Sarah