Error in Sonic Mode

Leonid Spektor spektor at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Oct 31 20:31:46 UTC 2008

Sarah,

    I have tried to replicate this crash based on what I understand you were
doing, but I couldn't. So I need to ask you few question.

What system are you using, Vista, Win2000, Window XP?

What version of CLAN you are using?

We are using "Sonic mode" term for two different functions.
Are you using F5 (Transcribe sound or movie) or Esc-0 (Sonic mode) command?

How do you start and stop audio playback? Are you using
CTRL-left_mouse_button_click or F4 or F5 or ESC-8 command?

What kind of media are you using? I got from your email that you are using
WAVE media. Does you media file have ".wav" extension? Is it compressed wave
file or not? Is it stereo or mono? Is it 16bit or 8bit?

Does the crash occur every time you do some command or a specific sequence
of commands? Does it occur soon after you start CLAN and start linking data
files or does it occur at random times?

Please describe or list, in as much detail as possible, the sequence of
steps you take that lead to the crash. Can you provide me with a media and
data file you are using?

Please email your reply directly to me instead of chibolts at googlegroups.com
address. Since I can't replicate this crash, then I must conclude it occurs
under specific circumstances only and it might take a few emails back and
forth to identify the cause and to fix this problem.

Leonid.